Policies and Administrative Rules
Board Policy 6.1: USE OF COLLEGE FACILITIES
Eastern Wyoming College encourages the use of its facilities to the fullest extent possible by organizations and individuals outside of college daily activities. However, recognizing the responsibility to the taxpayers that these facilities are intended primarily for educational purposes, and to insure that the facilities are used and enjoyed in such a manner as to prolong the life of college property, this policy will be administered according to the associated administrative rules. Adopted 10/14/97 Revised 11/8/05
Administrative Rule 6.1.1: USE OF COLLEGE FACILITIES
The following guidelines are intended for the smoothest and most efficient operation possible of Eastern Wyoming College’s facilities. Community use of the facilities is authorized on a “space available” basis.
BUILDINGS, CLASSROOMS, AND GYMNASIUM
- Facility reservations are made through the College Receptionist. All individuals and/or organizations making reservations will sign a contract, agreeing to the rules and charges applicable for the use of Eastern Wyoming College facilities. The college has two types of charges: rental fees (for the facility) and use fees (for the support personnel required). Special reservation guidelines are used with the gymnasium.
- Alcoholic beverages are prohibited on Eastern Wyoming College property. Smoking is prohibited in all Eastern Wyoming College buildings.
- Any and all damages will be repaired by the College at the expense of the user.
- Commercial organizations will be assessed a rental fee at the current rate for use of college facilities. Commercial organizations will be defined as profit-making organizations and will also include nonprofit organizations which charge fees or collect donations for the activity.
- Appropriate custodial, security, technical and/or use fees will be charged.
- Use fees will be assessed by the hour per support person. The custodial fee for example, may need to be assessed for the entire time of the event as well as the time required for set up and clean up.
- All rental and custodial fees will be used for part-time maintenance salaries, repair and replacement. Technical support fees will be used to reimburse the appropriate budget.
- Affiliated organizations will be allowed free use of facilities, but may be charged appropriate use fees (custodian, etc.):
- Goshen County Public Schools
- Goshen County Businesses and NonProfit Organizations (as long as no fees or donations are involved for the activity)
- University of Wyoming and Wyoming Community Colleges
- Goshen County community groups are encouraged to use the college facilities for their regular meetings on a “space-available” basis. Such groups will not be charged rent for the use of the facilities but may be charged appropriate custodial, security, technical, and/or use fees if such services are necessary in the opinion of the College.
- Rental and use fees will be charged for all groups for specialty areas such as computer labs.
- When the College President determines that extenuating circumstances exist, the President may use his discretion to waive all or part of the rental charge or fees.
- Gymnasium use guidelines are as follows:
Priorities to determine gymnasium usage:
- Academic classes
- Reserved functions
- Intercollegiate athletic practice and/or contests
- Interscholastic athletic practice and/or contests
- Community and/or public events
- Intramural activities
- Open gymnasium use
- Reservations by individuals and/or groups.
Reservations must be made with the college receptionist, with the approval of the athletic director.
Normally, the gymnasium is open for use anytime it is free during college operations. Normal working hours are 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. Times and days will vary during college closure days and summer.
Open Gymnasium activities, which have EWC staff supervision in the immediate area, are scheduled after normal hours and/or days.
Individuals and/or groups may use the gymnasium during other times and days. Advance approval and reservations are required. Direct staff supervision in the immediate area at all times is required.
Normally, the gymnasium will be closed from 10:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m. EWC reserves the right to close the gymnasium any time for repairs and maintenance.
- College owned equipment including computers, audiovisual and sound and lighting controls are to be operated only by properly trained personnel who are authorized by the College. Users requiring the use of College equipment shall request these services when reserving the facilities. If available, an authorized person will accommodate the user and appropriate charges will be made for services rendered. If an authorized person is unavailable, the use of this equipment will be denied.
- All College equipment is intended for official use only and is not to be loaned to or used by individuals for personal use. Exceptions to the “no loan” policy may be made for nonprofit organizations, but only with approval of the college president.
- Charges for equipment use will be based upon the extent of use and nature of activity for which equipment is being used.
- Any and all damages will be repaired or replaced by the College at the expense of the user.
In keeping with the college’s stated goal of providing services to the community, the college bus will be available to community groups and organizations, public institutions and other agencies for use in college coordinated activities. The bus is subject to scheduling procedures which give priority to athletics, community service and instructional programs of the College.
Use of the bus will be scheduled through the office of the Director of Athletics under the supervision of the Associate Dean of Instruction. In determining priority, consideration will be given to the number of participants, distance to be traveled, time away from campus, driver availability, and comparative costs of the respective trips.
The Director of Athletics and the Associate Dean of Instruction will establish a list of approved drivers and only those whose names are on the list will be deemed satisfactory.
Charges for the use of the bus will be determined by the Director of Athletics and/or the Associate Dean of Instruction and will be based upon the nature and the scope of the activity. Charges will be based upon operation, maintenance and depreciation costs. Adopted 01/25/00
Administrative Rule 6.1.2: SMOKING RULE
Smoking is not allowed within buildings located on the campuses in Torrington and Douglas, Wyoming including classrooms, lobbies, hallways, cafeterias, recreation areas, restrooms, college vehicles, residence hall, or living facility. Adopted 7/21/04; Revised 11/8/05
Administrative Rule 6.1.3: ATHLETIC CONTEST ADMISSION
The following procedure will be used for admission to all athletic contests:
Passes are for all regular session contests and are provided to:
- EWC Board of Trustees, spouses and family EWC faculty, staff, spouses and family EWC athletes’ parents
- EWC Emeritus Faculty and spouse
- EWC Honored Retiree and spouse
- EWC students admitted with student I.D.
- Superintendent of Goshen County Schools, GCSD #1 given 4 passes to distribute
- Head Coach in GCSD #1, in sport only
- Little Lancers admitted with tee shirt
- Adult Booster Passes.
Two Adult passes in the same family will admit full family. Admission to all regular season contests.
General Admission prices will be posted at the gate.
Click Here to Download a Copy of this Document.