|Walk-Ins Welcome, Appointments Appreciated|
|Closed||8 am - 5 pm||8 am - 5 pm||8 am - 5 pm||8 am - 5 pm||8 am - 5 pm||Closed|
- Personal, Career and Academic Counseling
- Disability Services
- Kuder Career Planning and Developing
- Personal Counseling
A student's success in college is to a large degree dependent on his/her ability to adjust to the total college environment -- academically, socially, personally, and emotionally. The Counselor at EWC is available to assist in these areas.
- Career Counseling
The EWC Counseling Center provides the Kuder Career Development system http://www.kuder.com free of charge to students wanting to explore college majors, career choices, and educational opportunities.
The Rights of Students with disabilities attending Eastern Wyoming College (EWC) are protected under Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA) and the ADA Amendments ACT of 2008.
EWC is committed to providing information, accommodation services, and agency referral to students with any type of permanent physical handicap or learning disability.
To promote the independence and self-sufficiency of students with disabilities, and encourage the provision of equal opportunities in education for students with disabilities at Eastern Wyoming College as mandated by Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), and the ADA Amendments Act of 2008.
- Services Available:
- Interpreter, Reader, and Taping Services
- Classroom Relocation for Accessibility
- Advocacy with Faculty and Staff
- Test-Taking Assistance and Accommodation
- Assistance with Study Skills, Note-Taking, and Test Preparation
- Career, Academic, and Personal Counseling
- Tutor Referral
- Equipment Loan Assistance
Any student enrolled at Eastern Wyoming College who has a documented physical or learning disability is eligible for assistance.
If you would like to apply for Disability Services, please complete the appropriate form below and return to:
Debbie Ochsner, Director
Counseling and Disability Services
Eastern Wyoming College
3200 West C Street
Torrington, WY 82240
If your reasonable accommodations have been approved and include the use of books on CD, please provide us with your course schedule and the list of books, authors and edition numbers of the books you want to order on the form below as soon as possible.
- This is a comprehensive on-line based system that provides three inventories aimed at identifying skills, interests, and values. It offers extensive information regarding careers, occupational goals, salary and employment trends, vocational school, technical school, college and university information as well as required training/education for specific occupations. This system includes access to job banks in all fifty states. Interested students can make appointments for career counseling with the EWC Counselor. Visit the Kuder website at www.kuder.com for more information.
- Cognitive Disabilities Form
- Physical Disabilities Form
- Books on Tape Form