Office of Financial Aid
The Financial Aid Office will review the results of your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)to determine your aid eligibility for Federal grants, work study, and Direct student loans. You may also be considered for any State aid, like the Hathaway Scholarship, should you meet the eligibility criteria.
The Eastern Wyoming College Scholarship Committee will determine scholarship awards. You will be notified by the committee only if you are selected.
Division Scholarships and Activity Grants will be awarded by division chairs and activity sponsors. Again, you will only be notified if you are selected.
All financial aid recipients will receive an award letter listing the types and amounts of financial aid they have been approved to receive.
Financial aid awards will be issued for each period of enrollment. For example, if you receive a grant for $5,000 you will receive the first disbursement of $2,500 for the Fall semester and $2,500 for the Spring semester. Any award amount in excess of direct education expenses will be issued in the form of a refund check 14 days after all aid has been posted and expenses paid.
In some instances, students may need to demonstrate successful academic progress before additional disbursements can be made. Please visit with an EWC Financial Aid Specialist should you have any questions.
- Students must be accepted for admission to EWC and in an eligible degree or certificate program before financial aid and scholarship dollars can be disbursed.
- To continue receiving institutional Activity Grants, a student must complete a minimum of 12 credit hours each semester with a 2.0 (C) or higher semester GPA.
- To continue receiving scholarships, a student must complete a minimum of 12 credit hours each semester with a minimum GPA of 2.5 (B-), depending on the type of scholarship.
- To continue on federal and/or institutional financial aid benefits, a student must maintain satisfactory academic progress by completing the minimum credit hour load for which s/he registered and received aid, and earn a 2.0 (C) or higher semester GPA.
- Recipients of Direct Loans must successfully complete 67% their credit hour load with a minimum overall grade point average of 2.00 to continue receiving loans.
- Students must apply for Federal Financial Aid each year. You may complete the FAFSA after January 1 of each year to apply for aid for the following school year. Financial Aid is not renewed automatically.
- Men who are at least 18 years old must be registered with the Selective Service to receive federal aid.
- Your assistance in forwarding all information requested of you by the Financial Aid Office in a timely manner will enable us to give you priority consideration for Financial Aid.
If you have any further questions or concerns, please contact the Financial Aid Office at (307) 532-8224, or 1-866-EASTWYO (1-866-327-8996), ext 8224, or by e-mail to email@example.com.: