Nominations Sought for Distinguished Alumni Award
February 3, 2004
(Torrington, WY) The Eastern Wyoming College Foundation is once again soliciting nominations of deserving individuals to be considered as candidates for the 14th Distinguished Alumni Award.
The award was conceived 14 years ago by the Foundation to identify and recognize former EWC students who have been successful in their life endeavors and who attribute a portion of this success to having attended EWC or its predecessor, Goshen County Community College.
Past award recipients in descending order beginning with 2003-2004 are:
- Jeff Marsh, representative, New York Life, Torrington, WY
- Todd Peterson, president, Pinnacle Bank, Torrington, WY
- John Thomas, physician's assistant, Roswell, NM
- Dolly Heyl, teacher, Torrington, WY
- Charles Haase, president, Technical Marketing Manufacturing, Inc., Denver, CO
- Jerry Butler, professor, University of Florida, Gainsville, FL
- Scott "Ote" Berry, Champion Steer Wrestler, Checotah, OK
- W. Keith Miskimmins, Ph.D. Genetics, Vermillion, SD
- Jack Lenhart, CPA, Casper, WY
- Jack Ainsworth, branch chief, US Army Information Systems Engineering Command, Sierra Vista, AZ
- James Rose, associate professor, University of Wyoming, Laramie, WY
- Carol Clark, CPA, Torrington, WY
- Barbara Bonds, attorney at law, Cheyenne, WY
The College Foundation is conscious that many former students and graduates deserve to receive this awareness of life achievement. As the purpose of this award might indicate, there are many people who are very successful in the work-a-day world with an EWC start.
It is the trust and purpose of the Foundation to promote with pride the value and image of Eastern Wyoming College. The distinguished Alumni Award is one of the ways that this is accomplished.
Anyone wishing to nominate a former student or graduate may do so by contacting Lynnea Bartlett, EWC Development Office, 307-532-8304, to request a nomination form, or by contacting Guido Smith, 307-532-3802, for more information. The deadline for nominations is Wednesday, February 18, 2004.