A few people are asking about ATEC and how it is coming along. Here is what I can tell everyone: We met with the with architects, state engineers, etc. on Thursday, October 4 and it will go out for bid on October 17th
- EDA : Approved our changes
- Square footage went from 26,000 to 24, 090 square foot
- Lecture and Multiple use hall: 175 seating to 168 seats
- We will need a variance not to do paving on sides and back parking lots
- Building will have PEMB (pre-engineering metal building construction)
- The cupola over the main building will remain intact
- Exterior brick that is decorative will match what is used on the campus currently
- Base bid on the building is $6.8 million with $7.1 alternates that includes lean to, paving, greenhouse, cooler
- This does not include Furniture ($400K and Architectural fees $600K)
And probably the biggest news….. we only need around $400,000 more to have costs covered. That is awesome to realize how lucky we are at EWC. Our support has been tremendous!
Comments are closed.