The Testing Center at Eastern Wyoming College adheres to the National College Testing Association’s (NCTA) Professional Standards and Guidelines.
Test candidates are encouraged to make appointments prior to testing
to guarantee a seat.
- Morning Session testing appointments begin at 8:30 with all testing ending at Noon, unless prior arrangements are made
- Afternoon Session testing appointment begin at 1:00 with all testing ending at 4:30, unless prior arrangements are made.
- Evening hours available by advance appointment only
- Habitual lateness for scheduled appointment may result in forfeiture of the amount of time student was late for the appointment.
Photo ID is required for all tests
Approved types of ID include: Driver’s License, State ID Card, Military ID, EWC Student ID card or Passport.
- All electronic devices (cell phones, smart watches, fitness bands, earbuds, headphones, etc.) must be powered off and stored in the reception area (either in one of the Testing Center lockers or students backpack or bag)
- Electronic devices used for health related conditions are allowed, i.e. hearing aids, insulin pumps, etc.
- Hats, hoodies, and outer wear (coats, jackets, etc.) are prohibited in the Testing Room
- Food and drinks are prohibited in the Testing Room. Medication items such as cough drops may be allowed with proctor approval. These items must be unwrapped before entering the Testing Room.
- The Testing Center provides scratch paper and pencils
- No other items are allowed in the Testing Room, unless approved by the instructor or test vendor.
Any student enrolled at Eastern Wyoming College who has a documented physical disability or learning disability is eligible for assistance. Accommodation testing may include a distraction-reduced testing environment, a reader, a scribe and/or increased time.
ADA Accommodations Contacts
Debbie Ochsner, Dean of Faculty/Student Services
ADA Coordinator/Director of Human Resources
Director of Human Resources
EXAMS ADMINISTERED IN THE TESTING AND CAREER SERVICES CENTER
- ACCUPLACER Placement Tests
- ACT Exams -One National ACT Test date, usually in December
- College-Level Examination Program® (CLEP)
- EWC Make-up exams
- EWC Online/Distance Education exams
- ADA Accommodations Tests (as approved by the Dean of Faculty/Student Services)
- High School Equivalency Certification Exams
- HiSET (High School Equivalency Test)
- Health Occupational Aptitude Exam (HOAE)
- TEAS (Nursing Program admittance requirement)
- Scantron-Castle Worldwide (Industry certification exams)
- PSI-PAN (Pre-employment exams – FBI, TSA, Border Patrol, etc.)
- Pearson Vue (Industry certification exams)
- American College Testing Assessment (ACT)
- DSST (formerly DANTES)
- Course exams for other colleges
ACCUPLACER PLACEMENT EXAMS
- All associate degree-seeking students must take placement exams in English, Math and Reading prior to registration to aid in proper class placement.
- All certificate and non degree-seeking students must take the placement exams prior to enrolling in certain English or math courses.
- Students with appropriate ACT scores may not need to take the placement exams.
- Cost of placement testing is $20, payable in the EWC Business Office.
- ACCUPLACER Placement Exams are given by appointment only. Call 532-8288 to schedule an appointment.
- ACCUPLACER Placement Exams are untimed
- ACCUPLACER Student Portal – Find test descriptions, sample questions, look up your previous scores, and access the ACCUPLACER Study App for practice tests
- Click here to access the free ACCUPLACER web-based Study App
- Want to know where your scores place you? Download the Interpreting Your Placement Score (PDF) Guide.
- Additional Math Placement Tool for Eastern Wyoming College
- ACT is a non-profit organization that is known for its college entrance exam.
- Eastern Wyoming College participates in one National ACT Test Day each year, usually in December.
- Scores may be used for placement testing in mathematics, English, and reading courses.
- Can be used to qualify for the Hathaway Scholarship. Contact the Financial Aid department for details.
- For more information or to register for an ACT exam, see actstudent.org
- Students showing proficiency by passing a CLEP exam may earn Eastern Wyoming College college credit. Grades of S and U are given on all examinations, and the credit is included in the hours toward graduation (but not included in the student’s grade average).
- Eastern Wyoming College courses for which credit may be earned through CLEP are shown below:
||Required CLEP Examination
||Minimum Test Score Required
||Information Systems & Computer Applications
||Principles of Macroeconomics
||Principles of Microeconomics
||Intro to Educational Psychology
||Human Growth & Development
||Analyzing & Interpreting Literature
|GERM 1010 & 1020
||Western Civilization I
||Western Civilization II
||History of the U.S. I: Early Colonization to 1877
||History of the U.S. II: 1865 to Present
||Principles of Marketing
||Human Growth & Development
|SPAN 1010 & 1020
- A fee is assessed for each CLEP exam, along with a $15 fee to EWC.
- Active duty military personnel may be eligible for DANTES funded CLEP exams. For more information on eligibility requirements see Who is Eligible.
- Students should confirm with the college or university to which they are transferring that their test scores will be accepted if given on-campus at EWC.
- CLEP exams are administered by appointment only. Call 307.532.8288 to schedule an appointment on the Torrington Campus or 307.624.7011 to schedule an appointment on the Douglas Campus.
- For more information, see About the College Level Examination Program.
- Students showing proficiency by passing a DANTES Subject Standardized Test may earn EWC college credit. Grades of S and U are given on all examinations, and the credit is included in the hours toward graduation (but not included in the student’s grade average).
- The latest list of EWC courses for which credit may be earned through DSST can be obtained from the Testing Center office by calling 532-8288.
- A fee is assessed for each DSST exam, along with a $15 fee to EWC.
- DANTES-funded DSST exams are available to eligible military service members and civilians who would like to earn college credit for experience they already have. See the DSST-Funding Guide for more information on eligibility.
- DSST exams are administered by appointment only. Call 307.532.8288 to schedule an appointment.
- For more information, see DSST- GetCollegeCredit.
HiSET (High School Equivalency Test)
- HiSET tests are a group of five tests which (when passed) certifies that an individual has high school level academic skills. Only individuals who have not earned a high school diploma may take the HiSET tests.
- HiSET Test candidates who are under the age of 18 must apply for an Age Waiver through the Adult Learning Center before taking the exams. For more information, call Callie Allred at 307.532.8399
- Fees for HiSET are $53.75 to HiSET with online registration and $15.00 test administration fee paid to the EWC Business Office prior to testing.
- The Adult Learning Center offers services to adults in HiSET preparation. For more information, call Callie Allred at 307.532.8399.
- Certificates for High School Equivalency are issued by the State of Wyoming.
- The Torrington Rotary Club offers a limited number of scholarships to HiSET candidates needing assistance to pay the exam fees. Contact Jo Ellen Keigley, Testing Center Coordinator (307.532.8288) or Callie Allred at 307.532.8399 for more information.
HOAE (HEALTH OCCUPATIONAL APTITUDE EXAM)
- Applicants to the Veterinary Technician and Veterinary Aide Programs may be required to take the HOAE.
- The test administration fee for the HOAE is $20.00 and must be paid at the Business Office prior to testing
- It is recommended that candidates take the HOAE on-site at the EWC Testing Center.
- Remote testing is available for extenuating circumstances (distance/travel time, etc.). Contact the Testing Center to discuss your need for remote testing and to receive a Remote Testing Application form. Remote test applications must be approved by the test provider, Psychological Services Bureau, which charges a remote test fee of $50.00 – $100.00 (or more).
- See HOAE Test information for a description of the exam.
- See Sample Questions to help you prepare for the exam.
TEAS (Test of Essential Academic Skills)
- Students applying to the EWC Nursing Program are required to take the ATI/TEAS exams as part of the application process.
- TEAS exams sessions are usually held prior to each application period.
- TEAS exams are administered by appointment only at the Torrington Campus and the Douglas Campus.
- TEAS exam fee is $58.00 (subject to change).
- WorkKeys measures skills that employers rate as critical to successful employee performance.
- Includes tests in three areas – Applied Mathematics, Graphic Literacy, and Workplace Documents.
- Testers are allowed 54 minutes to complete each of the three tests.
- May be used to qualify for the Hathaway Scholarship. Contact the Financial Aid department for details.
- Access sample questions at WorkKeys, ACT.
- Cost of the WorkKeys assessment is $55.00
- WorkKeys exams are administered by appointment only. Call 307.532.8288.