The Testing Center at Eastern Wyoming College adheres to the National College Testing Association’s (NCTA) Professional Standards and Guidelines.
Testing appointments begin at 8:30 a.m. and end at 4:00 p.m.
All tests must be completed by 5:00 p.m
(unless prior arrangements are made)
Limited evening hours – by appointment only
One Saturday morning per month – call for schedule
Photo ID is required for all tests. Test candidates are encouraged to make appointments prior to testing to guarantee a seat.
Any student enrolled at Eastern Wyoming College who has a documented physical disability or learning disability is eligible for assistance. Accommodation testing may include a distraction-reduced testing environment, a reader, a scribe and/or increased time.
ADA Accommodations Contacts
Counseling & Disabilities Services Coordinator
3200 West C Street
Torrington, WY 82240
ADA Coordinator/Director of Human Resources
3200 West C Street
Torrington, WY 82240
EXAMS ADMINISTERED IN THE TESTING AND CAREER SERVICES CENTER
- ACCUPLACER Placement Tests
- College-Level Examination Program® (CLEP)
- EWC Instructor make-up exams
- EWC Online/Distance Education exams
- ADA Accommodations Tests (as approved by the Counseling & Disability Office)
- High School Equivalency Certification Exams
- HiSET (High School Equivalency Test)
- Health Occupational Aptitude Exam (HOAE)
- Castle Worldwide
- American College Testing Assessment (ACT)
- DSST (formerly DANTES)
- Online course exams for other colleges
ACCUPLACER PLACEMENT EXAMS
- All associate degree-seeking students must take placement exams in English, Math and Reading prior to registration to aid in proper class placement.
- All certificate and non degree-seeking students must take the placement exams prior to enrolling in certain English or math courses.
- Students with appropriate ACT scores may not need to take the placement exams.
- Cost of placement testing is $20, payable in the EWC Business Office.
- ACCUPLACER Placement Exams are given by appointment only. Call 532-8288 to schedule an appointment.
- ACCUPLACER Placement Exams are untimed
- For more information, see ACCUPLACER’S Information for Students.
- Click here to access the free ACCUPLACER web-based Study App
- Want to know where your scores place you? Download the Interpreting Your Placement Score (PDF) Guide.
- ACT is a non-profit organization that is known for its college entrance exam.
- Can be used to qualify for the Hathaway Scholarship. Contact the Financial Aid department for details.
- Scores may be used for placement testing in mathematics, English, and reading courses.
- Eastern Wyoming College participates in one National ACT Test Day each year, usually in December.
- For more information or to register for an ACT exam, see actstudent.org
- Students showing proficiency by passing a CLEP exam may earn Eastern Wyoming College college credit. Grades of S and U are given on all examinations, and the credit is included in the hours toward graduation (but not included in the student’s grade average).
- Eastern Wyoming College courses for which credit may be earned through CLEP are shown below:
|EWC Courses||Semester Hours||Required CLEP Examination||Minimum Test Score Required|
|COSC 1200||3||Information Systems||50|
|ECON 1010||3||Principles of Macroeconomics||50|
|ECON 1020||3||Principles of Microeconomics||50|
|EDFD 2100||3||Intro to Educational Psychology||50|
|EDFD 2450||3||Human Growth & Development||50|
|ENGL 1010||3||College Composition||50|
|ENGL 2020||3||Analyzing & Interpreting Literature||50|
|GERM 1010 & 1020||8||German Language||50|
|HIST 1110||3||Western Civilization I||50|
|HIST 1120||3||Western Civilization II||50|
|HIST 1211||3||History of the U.S. I: Early Colonization to 1877||50|
|HIST 1221||3||History of the U.S. II: 1865 to Present||50|
|MATH 1000||3||College Mathematics||50|
|MATH 1400||4||College Algebra||50|
|MKT 2100||3||Principles of Marketing||50|
|POLS 1000||3||American Government||50|
|PSYC 1000||3||Introductory Psychology||50|
|PSYC 2300||3||Human Growth & Development||50|
|SPAN 1010 & 1020||8||Spanish Language||50|
- A fee is assessed for each CLEP exam, along with a $15 fee to EWC.
- Students should confirm with the college or university to which they are transferring that their test scores will be accepted if given on-campus at EWC.
- CLEP exams are administered by appointment only. Call 532-8288 to schedule an appointment.
- For more information, see About the College Level Examination Program.
- Students showing proficiency by passing a DANTES Subject Standardized Test may earn EWC college credit. Grades of S and U are given on all examinations, and the credit is included in the hours toward graduation (but not included in the student’s grade average).
- The latest list of EWC courses for which credit may be earned through DSST can be obtained from the Testing Center office by calling 532-8288.
- A fee is assessed for each DSST exam, along with a $15 fee to EWC.
- DSST exams are administered by appointment only. Call 532-8288 to schedule an appointment.
- For more information, see DSST- GetCollegeCredit.
HIGH SCHOOL EQUIVALENCY EXAMS
HiSET (High School Equivalency Test)
- HiSET tests are a group of five tests which (when passed) certifies that the taker has high school level academic skills. Only individuals who have not earned a high school diploma may take the HiSET tests.
- Fees for HiSET are $50.00 to HiSET with online registration and $15.00 test administration fee paid to the EWC Business Office prior to testing.
- The Adult Learning Center offers services to adults in HiSET preparation. For more information, call Diane McQueen at 532-8399.
- Certificates for High School Equivalency are issued by the State of Wyoming.
HEALH OCCUPATIONAL APTITUDE EXAM (HOAE)
- Applicants to the Veterinary Technician and Veterniary Aide Programs are rquired to take the HOAE.
- The test administration fee for the HOAE is $20.00 and must be paid at the Business Office prior to testing
- It is recommended that candidates take the HOAE on-site at the EWC Testing Center.
- Remote testing is available for extenuating circumstances (distance/travel time, etc.). Contact the Testing Center to discuss your need for remote testing and to receive a Remote Testing Application form. Remote test applications must be approved by the test provider, Psychological Services Bureau, which charges a remote test fee of $50.00 – $100.00 (or more).
- See HOAE Test information for a description of the exam.
- See Sample Questions to help you prepare for the exam.
- WorkKeys measures skills that employers rate as critical to successful employee performance.
- Includes tests in three areas – Applied Mathematics, Reading for Information, and Locating Information.
- Testers are allowed 54 minutes to complete each of the three tests.
- May be used to qualify for the Hathaway Scholarship. Contact the Financial Aid department for details.
- Practice tests are available at WorkKeys, ACT for a cost of $5 each.
- Cost of the WorkKeys assessment is $45.00
- WorkKeys exams are administered by appointment only. Call 532-8288 to schedule an appointment.