The Testing Center at Eastern Wyoming College adheres to the National College Testing Association’s (NCTA) Professional Standards and Guidelines.
Test candidates are encouraged to make appointments prior to testing
to guarantee a seat.
- Testing appointments begin at 8:30 a.m. and end at 4:00 p.m.
- All tests must be completed by 5:00 p.m. (unless prior arrangements are made)
- Evening hours – by advance appointment only
- One Saturday morning per month – call for schedule
Photo ID is required for all tests
Any student enrolled at Eastern Wyoming College who has a documented physical disability or learning disability is eligible for assistance. Accommodation testing may include a distraction-reduced testing environment, a reader, a scribe and/or increased time.
ADA Accommodations Contacts
Director of Counseling & Disability Services
3200 West C Street
Torrington, WY 82240
ADA Coordinator/Director of Human Resources
Director of Human Resources
3200 West C Street
Torrington, WY 82240
EXAMS ADMINISTERED IN THE TESTING AND CAREER SERVICES CENTER
- ACCUPLACER Placement Tests
- College-Level Examination Program® (CLEP)
- EWC Make-up exams
- EWC Online/Distance Education exams
- ADA Accommodations Tests (as approved by the Counseling & Disability Office)
- High School Equivalency Certification Exams
- HiSET (High School Equivalency Test)
- Health Occupational Aptitude Exam (HOAE)
- Castle Worldwide
- PSI-PAN (Pre-employment exams – FBI, TSA, Border Patrol, etc.)
- American College Testing Assessment (ACT)
- DSST (formerly DANTES)
- Course exams for other colleges
ACCUPLACER PLACEMENT EXAMS
- All associate degree-seeking students must take placement exams in English, Math and Reading prior to registration to aid in proper class placement.
- All certificate and non degree-seeking students must take the placement exams prior to enrolling in certain English or math courses.
- Students with appropriate ACT scores may not need to take the placement exams.
- Cost of placement testing is $20, payable in the EWC Business Office.
- ACCUPLACER Placement Exams are given by appointment only. Call 532-8288 to schedule an appointment.
- ACCUPLACER Placement Exams are untimed
- For more information, see ACCUPLACER’S Information for Students.
- Click here to access the free ACCUPLACER web-based Study App
- Want to know where your scores place you? Download the Interpreting Your Placement Score (PDF) Guide.
- ACT is a non-profit organization that is known for its college entrance exam.
- Can be used to qualify for the Hathaway Scholarship. Contact the Financial Aid department for details.
- Scores may be used for placement testing in mathematics, English, and reading courses.
- Eastern Wyoming College participates in one National ACT Test Day each year, usually in December.
- For more information or to register for an ACT exam, see actstudent.org
- Students showing proficiency by passing a CLEP exam may earn Eastern Wyoming College college credit. Grades of S and U are given on all examinations, and the credit is included in the hours toward graduation (but not included in the student’s grade average).
- Eastern Wyoming College courses for which credit may be earned through CLEP are shown below:
|EWC Courses||Semester Hours||Required CLEP Examination||Minimum Test Score Required|
|COSC 1200||3||Information Systems||50|
|ECON 1010||3||Principles of Macroeconomics||50|
|ECON 1020||3||Principles of Microeconomics||50|
|EDFD 2100||3||Intro to Educational Psychology||50|
|EDFD 2450||3||Human Growth & Development||50|
|ENGL 1010||3||College Composition||50|
|ENGL 2020||3||Analyzing & Interpreting Literature||50|
|GERM 1010 & 1020||8||German Language||50|
|HIST 1110||3||Western Civilization I||50|
|HIST 1120||3||Western Civilization II||50|
|HIST 1211||3||History of the U.S. I: Early Colonization to 1877||50|
|HIST 1221||3||History of the U.S. II: 1865 to Present||50|
|MATH 1000||3||College Mathematics||50|
|MATH 1400||4||College Algebra||50|
|MKT 2100||3||Principles of Marketing||50|
|POLS 1000||3||American Government||50|
|PSYC 1000||3||Introductory Psychology||50|
|PSYC 2300||3||Human Growth & Development||50|
|SPAN 1010 & 1020||8||Spanish Language||50|
- A fee is assessed for each CLEP exam, along with a $15 fee to EWC.
- Active duty military personnel may be eligible for DANTES funded CLEP exams. For more information on eligibility requirements see Who is Eligible.
- Students should confirm with the college or university to which they are transferring that their test scores will be accepted if given on-campus at EWC.
- CLEP exams are administered by appointment only. Call 532-8288 to schedule an appointment.
- For more information, see About the College Level Examination Program.
- Students showing proficiency by passing a DANTES Subject Standardized Test may earn EWC college credit. Grades of S and U are given on all examinations, and the credit is included in the hours toward graduation (but not included in the student’s grade average).
- The latest list of EWC courses for which credit may be earned through DSST can be obtained from the Testing Center office by calling 532-8288.
- A fee is assessed for each DSST exam, along with a $15 fee to EWC.
- DANTES-funded DSST exams are available to eligible military service members and civilians who would like to earn college credit for experience they already have. See the DSST-Funding Guide for more information on eligibility.
- DSST exams are administered by appointment only. Call 532-8288 to schedule an appointment.
- For more information, see DSST- GetCollegeCredit.
HiSET (High School Equivalency Test)
- HiSET tests are a group of five tests which (when passed) certifies that an individual has high school level academic skills. Only individuals who have not earned a high school diploma may take the HiSET tests.
- HiSET Test candidates who are under the age of 18 must apply for an Age Waiver through the Adult Learning Center before taking the exams. For more information, call Diane McQueen at 532-8399
- Fees for HiSET are $50.00 to HiSET with online registration and $15.00 test administration fee paid to the EWC Business Office prior to testing.
- The Adult Learning Center offers services to adults in HiSET preparation. For more information, call Diane McQueen at 532-8399.
- Certificates for High School Equivalency are issued by the State of Wyoming.
- The Torrington Rotary Club offers a limited number of scholarships to HiSET candidates needing assistance to pay the exam fees. Contact Jo Ellen Keigley, Testing Center Coordinator (532-8288) or Diane McQueen, 532-8399 for more information.
HEALH OCCUPATIONAL APTITUDE EXAM (HOAE)
- Applicants to the Veterinary Technician and Veterinary Aide Programs may be required to take the HOAE.
- The test administration fee for the HOAE is $20.00 and must be paid at the Business Office prior to testing
- It is recommended that candidates take the HOAE on-site at the EWC Testing Center.
- Remote testing is available for extenuating circumstances (distance/travel time, etc.). Contact the Testing Center to discuss your need for remote testing and to receive a Remote Testing Application form. Remote test applications must be approved by the test provider, Psychological Services Bureau, which charges a remote test fee of $50.00 – $100.00 (or more).
- See HOAE Test information for a description of the exam.
- See Sample Questions to help you prepare for the exam.
- WorkKeys measures skills that employers rate as critical to successful employee performance.
- Includes tests in three areas – Applied Mathematics, Graphic Literacy, and Workplace Documents.
- Testers are allowed 54 minutes to complete each of the three tests.
- May be used to qualify for the Hathaway Scholarship. Contact the Financial Aid department for details.
- Access sample questions at WorkKeys, ACT.
- Cost of the WorkKeys assessment is $55.00
- WorkKeys exams are administered by appointment only. Call 532-8288 to schedule an appointment.