The primary purpose of this department is to support faculty as they develop and expand distance learning courses. This department works closely with the Distance Learning committee and faculty members. With training in instructional design (curriculum planning) and delivery, primary support is for the technology of distance learning. Services include:
- Consultation for course planning and delivery
- Support for distance delivery via online Internet systems including web conferencing
- Consultation and support for adding web components to traditional and non-Internet distance ed courses
- Training in distance delivery strategies and technologies
- Training to use campus classroom technology
- Provides faculty access to computers for graphic, audio, and video editing
As a secondary purpose, this department supports students with their distance learning courses.