Eastern Wyoming College is excited to announce an expansion of the top-notch nursing program currently held at the Douglas Campus. The expansion will include an evening cohort at the Douglas Campus and an evening cohort at the main campus in Torrington. Each expanded cohort will be able to admit 8 qualified students.
The clinical for the new cohorts will include some afternoon clinical rotations as well as some early morning surgical rotations. Most classroom and clinical requirements however will be scheduled between 6 pm and 12 am. Students should also expect to travel throughout the region for clinical experiences.
Interested students must follow the application process as outlined below:
- Complete the EWC Application for Admissions online. If you are currently an enrolled EWC student, you do not need to complete this application.
- Submit official high school and/or official college transcripts to the EWC Admissions Office. Please verify that the EWC Admissions Office has received your official transcripts by the deadline(307.532.8207).
- Complete the EWC Nursing Application online. The EWC Nursing Application will be open for students to apply beginning January 3, 2019 and will close at 11:59 pm on March 1, 2019.
- Applicants must have an overall GPA of 2.5 and a“C” or better for all prerequisite courses. See the Nursing Student Handbook for further information https://ewc.wy.edu/documents/2018/10/ewc-nursing-student-handbook-2018-2019.pdf/.
Prerequisite courses include: TEAS (entrance exam), ENGL1010, BIOL 1010, HMDV 1000, MATH 1400, and ZOO 2015. These courses must be completed by May 2019. Midterm grades will be used to calculate GPA for provisional acceptance into the program.
All applicants must take the TEAS test (Nursing Entrance Exam) that will be offered at the Douglas Campus and the Torrington Campus at the following dates and times. A minimum score of 58.7% must be achieved to be considered. Call the Douglas Campus at 307.624.7000 or the Torrington Campus at307.532.8288 to schedule an appointment.
- Tuesday, January 8, 2019, 4:30 – 8:30 pm
- Wednesday, January 9, 2019, 8:30 am – 12:30 pm
- Wednesday January 23, 2019, 1:00 – 5:00 pm
- Thursday, January 24, 2019, 4:30 – 8:30 pm
- Saturday, January 26, 2019, 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
- Wednesday February 6, 2019, 1 – 5:00 pm
- Wednesday February 13, 2019, 8:30 am – 12:30 pm
- Saturday, February 23, 2019, 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
- Wednesday February 27, 2019, 1 – 5:00 pm
- Thursday, February 28, 2019, 4:30 – 8:30 pm
Appointments will be required for each of these session, no walk-ins will be accepted.
Complete program and application information, when available,may be found on the EWC website at https://ewc.wy.edu/academic-services/majors/nursing/.Any questions should be directed to Ms. Suzey Delger, Nursing Director,307.532.2999 in Torrington, or 307.624.7020 in Douglas, or by email at email@example.com.
Comments are closed.