The Eastern Wyoming College Livestock Judging and Show Teams recently traveled to the Western Junior Livestock Show in Rapid City, SD and brought home awards.
The thirteen students representing the EWC livestock judging and show teams were Tracy Austin, sophomore, Rozet, WY, ; Angelina Bannan, freshman, Lusk, WY; Lane Barker, freshman, Evanston, WY; Shelby Cranston, sophomore, Moorcroft, WY; Brawley Darby, freshman, Paulden, AZ; Emily Garl, sophomore, Mitchell, NE; Jaxson Heyrend, freshman, Evanston, WY; Hunter Hill, freshman, Scottsbluff, NE; Ashley Johnson, sophomore, Wheatland, WY; Tailyn Miller, sophomore, Cowley, WY; Santiago Ramos, freshman, Bridgeport, NE; Ashley Reese, freshman, Roy, UT; BobAnn Sinks, sophomore, Jordan, UT.
- Santiago Ramos – Champion swine showman, the hog placed 3rd in its market class, made senior sheep showmanship finals and market lamb placed 2nd. Santiago was also 3rd high in the Livestock Skill a Thon Contest.
- Hunter Hill – market hog placed 1st in its class.
- Jaxson Heyrend – Reserve Champion swine showman, hogs both placed 2nd in their classes. Jaxson was also 5th high individual in the Meats Evaluation Contest.
- Tailynn Miller – Market lamb place 2nd in its class. Feeder lamb placed 6th in its class.
- Lane Barker – Market lamb placed 1st in its class. Lane made finals for senior sheep showmanship.
Also, showing were Brawley Darby (lamb) and Tracy Austin (goats).
“I am so proud of this team, they have worked so hard every day and it shows, this was also the first time that Santiago Ramos had shown hogs.” said Livestock Judging Coach, Georgia Younglove.
These livestock judgers served as group leaders, officials and reasons takers for the 4-H Contest. Ashley Johnson, Emily Garl, Shelby Cranston, Tailyn Miller, Hunter Hill, Angelina Bannan, Santiago Ramos, BobAnn Sinks, Brawley Darby, Tracy Austin, and Ashley Reese.