Eastern Wyoming College and aha! Process, Inc., A Ruby Payne Company, presents Terie Dreussi-Smith, co-author of Bridges Out of Poverty: Strategies for Professionals and Communities on Monday August 20th from 6-8pm in the EWC Fine Auditorium.
This event is open and free to the public.
Terie will review
· Mental models of economic class
· How different environments can create hidden rules of economic class
· Expectations we need to perceive in order to address and reduce poverty in our communities
· Research continuum on causes of poverty and how communities can work to build strategies
· Overview of language and communication strategies and resource model to communicate respectfully and to see strengths of all individuals in our community.
For more information, please contact the office of Institutional Effectiveness at 307.532.8220.
Comments are closed.