Welcome to the Staff Alliance!
Each benefitted employee in the Professional and Classified employee categories are, by virtue of their EWC employment, automatically a Staff Alliance member and eligible to vote, hold office, and participate in Staff Alliance business. The Staff Alliance Bylaws are effective Dec 15, 2016.
The Staff Alliance Executive Committee for calendar year 2017 is:
- Chair – Court Merrigan
- Vice Chair – Sue Schmidt
- Secretary/Treasurer – Mai Lee Olsen
- Parliamentarian – Ed Meyer
- At-Large Professional Staff – Suzey Delger
- At-Large Classified Staff – Jessica Anders
The Staff Spotlight is a Staff Alliance initiative to highlight the effort, hard work, and results of each Staff Alliance member or their respective work center. Visit the EWC home page for info about this month’s Staff Spotlight work center and assigned Staff Alliance members.
The following employees have voluntarily agreed to represent the Staff Alliance and currently serve on the assigned Committees listed below…
- Professional Development Cmte: Aaron Bahmer, Sue Schmidt
- Personnel Advisory Council: Judy Brown, Donna White, Linda Evans, Rebecca Deen
- Technology Advisory Cmte: Dixie Kroenlein
- Campus Safety Cmte: Kim Jones
- Diversity Cmte: TBD
The EWC Employee-funded Scholarship recipients for AY 2017-2018 are listed immediately below.
Significant enhancements at EWC as a result of Staff Alliance action or initiative during the past two school years include……
- New summer operating hours implemented May 2016
- Health/Wellness Leave donation changes
- Improved format of annual winter Holiday Party
- 2016 state-level WACCT Professional Employee of the Year recipient
- Increased child’s age limit for 50% EWC tuition benefit