The Testing Center at Eastern Wyoming College adheres to the National College Testing Association’s (NCTA) Professional Standards and Guidelines.
Test candidates are encouraged to make appointments prior to testing
to guarantee a seat.
- Morning Session testing appointments begin at 8:30 with all testing ending at Noon, unless prior arrangements are made
- Afternoon Session testing appointment begin at 1:00 with all testing ending at 4:30, unless prior arrangements are made.
- Evening hours available by advance appointment only
- Habitual lateness for scheduled appointment may result in forfeiture of the amount of time student was late for the appointment.
Photo ID is required for all tests
Approved types of ID include: Driver’s License, State ID Card, Military ID, EWC Student ID card or Passport.
- All electronic devices (cell phones, smart watches, fitness bands, earbuds, headphones, etc.) must be powered off and stored in the reception area (either in one of the Testing Center lockers or students backpack or bag)
- Electronic devices used for health related conditions are allowed, i.e. hearing aids, insulin pumps, etc.
- Hats, hoodies, and outer wear (coats, jackets, etc.) are prohibited in the Testing Room
- Food and drinks are prohibited in the Testing Room. Medication items such as cough drops may be allowed with proctor approval. These items must be unwrapped before entering the Testing Room.
- The Testing Center provides scratch paper and pencils
- No other items are allowed in the Testing Room, unless approved by the instructor or test vendor.
Any student enrolled at Eastern Wyoming College who has a documented physical disability or learning disability is eligible for assistance. Accommodation testing may include a distraction-reduced testing environment, a reader, a scribe and/or increased time.
ADA Accommodations Contacts
VP of Academic Services & Interim VP of Student Services
EXAMS ADMINISTERED IN THE TESTING AND CAREER SERVICES
- ACCUPLACER Placement Tests
- ACT Exams -One National ACT Test date, usually in December
- College-Level Examination Program® (CLEP)
- EWC Make-up exams
- EWC Online/Distance Education exams
- ADA Accommodations Tests (as approved by the Dean of Faculty/Student Services)
- High School Equivalency Certification Exams
- HiSET (High School Equivalency Test)
- TEAS (Nursing Program admittance requirement)
- American College Testing Assessment (ACT)
- Course exams for other colleges
ACCUPLACER PLACEMENT EXAMS
- All associate degree-seeking students must take placement exams in English, Math and Reading prior to registration to aid in proper class placement.
- All certificate and non degree-seeking students must take the placement exams prior to enrolling in certain English or math courses.
- Students with appropriate ACT scores may not need to take the placement exams.
- Cost of placement testing is $20, payable in the EWC Business Office.
- ACCUPLACER Placement Exams are given by appointment only. Call 307.532.8288 to schedule an appointment.
- ACCUPLACER Placement Exams are untimed
- ACCUPLACER Student Portal – Find test descriptions, sample questions, look up your previous scores, and access the ACCUPLACER Study App for practice tests
- Click here to access the free ACCUPLACER web-based Study App
- Want to know where your scores place you? Download the Interpreting Your Placement Score (PDF) Guide.
- Students showing proficiency by passing a CLEP exam may earn Eastern Wyoming College college credit. Grades of S and U are given on all examinations, and the credit is included in the hours toward graduation (but not included in the student’s grade average).
- Eastern Wyoming College courses for which credit may be earned through CLEP are shown below:
|EWC Courses||Semester Hours||Required CLEP Examination||Minimum Test Score Required|
|COSC 1200||3||Information Systems & Computer Applications||50|
|ECON 1010||3||Principles of Macroeconomics||50|
|ECON 1020||3||Principles of Microeconomics||50|
|EDFD 2100||3||Intro to Educational Psychology||50|
|EDFD 2450||3||Human Growth & Development||50|
|ENGL 1010||3||College Composition||50|
|ENGL 2020||3||Analyzing & Interpreting Literature||50|
|GERM 1010 & 1020||8||German Language||50|
|HIST 1110||3||Western Civilization I||50|
|HIST 1120||3||Western Civilization II||50|
|HIST 1211||3||History of the U.S. I: Early Colonization to 1877||50|
|HIST 1221||3||History of the U.S. II: 1865 to Present||50|
|MATH 1000||3||College Mathematics||50|
|MATH 1400||4||College Algebra||50|
|MKT 2100||3||Principles of Marketing||50|
|POLS 1000||3||American Government||50|
|PSYC 1000||3||Introductory Psychology||50|
|PSYC 2300||3||Human Growth & Development||50|
|SPAN 1010 & 1020||8||Spanish Language||50|
- A fee is assessed for each CLEP exam, along with a $15 fee to EWC.
- Active duty military personnel may be eligible for DANTES funded CLEP exams. For more information on eligibility requirements see Who is Eligible.
- Students should confirm with the college or university to which they are transferring that their test scores will be accepted if given on-campus at EWC.
- CLEP exams are administered by appointment only. Call 307.532.8288 to schedule an appointment on the Torrington Campus or 307.624.7011 to schedule an appointment on the Douglas Campus.
- For more information, see About the College Level Examination Program.
HiSET (High School Equivalency Test)
- HiSET tests are a group of five tests which (when passed) certifies that an individual has high school level academic skills. Only individuals who have not earned a high school diploma may take the HiSET tests.
- HiSET Test candidates who are under the age of 18 must apply for an Age Waiver through the Adult Learning Center before taking the exams. For more information, call Callie Allred at 307.532.8399
- Fees for HiSET are $53.75 to HiSET with online registration and $15.00 test administration fee paid to the EWC Business Office prior to testing.
- The Adult Learning Center offers services to adults in HiSET preparation. For more information, call Callie Allred at 307.532.8399.
- Certificates for High School Equivalency are issued by the State of Wyoming.
- The Torrington Rotary Club offers a limited number of scholarships to HiSET candidates needing assistance to pay the exam fees. Contact Bryan Hart, Testing/Student Success Center Director at 307.532.8288 or Callie Allred at 307.532.8399 for more information.
TEAS (Test of Essential Academic Skills)
- Students applying to the EWC Nursing Program are required to take the ATI/TEAS exams as part of the application process.
- TEAS exams sessions are usually held prior to each application period.
- TEAS exams are administered by appointment only at the Torrington Campus and the Douglas Campus.
- TEAS exam fee is $58.00 (subject to change).
- WorkKeys measures skills that employers rate as critical to successful employee performance.
- Includes tests in three areas – Applied Mathematics, Graphic Literacy, and Workplace Documents.
- Testers are allowed 54 minutes to complete each of the three tests.
- May be used to qualify for the Hathaway Scholarship. Contact the Financial Aid department for details.
- Access sample questions at WorkKeys, ACT.
- Cost of the WorkKeys assessment is $55.00
- WorkKeys exams are administered by appointment only. Call 307.532.8288.