The faculty at EWC work diligently to ensure ease of transfer of credits to regional colleges and universities. In fact, agreements have been developed with the college listed below for ease of transfer. Feel free to contact any of the colleges below regarding the transfer of credits from EWC.

Univeristy of Wyoming

University of Wyoming

The University of Wyoming maintains an outreach center on EWC’s Torrington campus. Students who plan to transfer to the University of Wyoming should be aware of a number of things that make the process a simple matter.

  1. Common Course Numbering – the University of Wyoming and all seven Wyoming Community Colleges have adopted a common course numbering system for equivalent courses. A student can count on English 1010 having the same number and title at all schools.
  2. Transfer Guide – students may refer to the transfer guide to identify transfer course equivalents and how they fit into UW University Studies Program requirements.
  3. Classes identified as fulfilling University Studies coursework – the University of Wyoming has University Studies requirements for students in any major or college. EWC has classes that meet all of these requirements in the first two years.
  4. Articulation Agreement – students transferring to UW from any Wyoming community college with an associate of arts or science degree will have met the lower division USP 2003 requirements, except for the second math course. Students transferring to UW from any Wyoming community college without an AA or AS degree will have their transcripts reviewed with the Transfer Guide on a course by course basis.

For additional information contact:

Richard Ward, Academic Coordinator
University of Wyoming Outreach School
Eastern Regional Center
3200 West C Street
Torrington, WY 82240
307.532.8371, Fax: 307.532.8308



 Valley City State University


Office Information

Mailing Address:

School of Education and Graduate Studies
101 College Street SW
Valley City, ND 58072
Fax: 701.845.7190

Contact Information:

Teacher Education Programs

Dr. Gary Thompson
Dean of Education
Phone: 701.845.7197

Field Experiences & Student Teaching

Kim B. Knodle
Director of Field Experiences
Phone: 701.845.7186

For more information contact:

Irene Groth, Assistant
Phone: 701.845.7196

Ashford UniversityAshford University

This articulation agreement will formally recognize that Ashford University and Eastern Wyoming College are active educational collaborators, committed to providing greater educational opportunities and services for students transferring between institutions. This commitment supports the concept of seamless transfer that embraces the principle that transfer students should not be required to repeat competencies already achieved. The purpose of this articulation is to enable Eastern Wyoming College’s students who transfer to Ashford University to carry with them the credit they have already earned for as much relevant study as possible.

Find out more information about Ashford University here!

University of PhoenixUniversity of Phoenix

The intention of this agreement is to increase the credit transfer options available to associate degree students who wish to continue their education in a bachelor’s degree program at University of Phoenix. Services will include a published Course Transfer Guide (course-by-course transfer categories) and sample Program Transfer Guides (how an associate’s degree may transfer to a bachelor’s degree) which can be made available to EWC students, faculty, and advisors.

University of Great FallsUniversity of Great Falls

University of Great Falls students can complete a bachelor degree in the 5 areas listed below through the University of Great Falls. UGF will accept 98 semester hours in appropriate courses from EWC; a minimum of 30 credits must be taken from the University of Great Falls. UGF courses are delivered by videotape, Internet, and live audio conference.

Bachelor’s Programs
Criminal Justice-Law Enforcement
Health Care Administration
Human Services Theology and Religion

Master’s Programs
Information Systems

For more information, call 1.800.342.9824 or email Dr. Colby Currier at

Upper Iowa UniversityUpper Iowa University

Students can transfer to Upper Iowa University with an EWC AA or AS degree and complete a bachelor’s degree or master’s degree online.

Bachelor’s Programs
Business Administration
Criminal Justice
Public Administration – Law Enforcement Emphasis

Master’s Programs
Master’s of Business Administration
Master’s of Public Administration

For more information, call 1.800.773.9298 or send an email to

Chadron State College

Chadron State

  • A low tuition rate for on-campus out-of-state students:
  • Connect to your future with online classes:
  • Publicly supported, open-admission:
  • Over 20 undergraduate majors and 11 graduate degree programs
  • Current transfer agreement with EWC
  • Contact: Student Transition and Retention Office (START) – 308-432-4132

Other Colleges