In order for applications to be acted upon, each International Student indicating a desire to enroll in Eastern Wyoming College must provide the following: (Your application will not be considered complete until all of these materials have been submitted.)
1. An English translation of all required academic records, and complete all application materials and correspondence in English.
2. Completion of an EWC Application for Admission, and all other college application material must be submitted by July 1 if the student is planning to attend the Fall semester, and by November 1 if the student is planning to attend the Spring semester.
Download application (pdf)
Request that an application form be mailed to you
International Student Scholarship Application
3. Students who wish to live in the residence halls should submit an EWC Housing Application form at least twenty-eight days in advance of the initial term. Students should send the required damage deposit ($150) as a money order, bank draft or credit card in US Dollars before the first day of the initial term.
4. Proof of ability to bear the financial obligations incurred while attending Eastern Wyoming College. (i.e. Completion of all sections of the Confidential Financial Statement, including Statement of Guarantor and Bank Verification). International students may not work off-campus while attending college at Eastern Wyoming College. Students who are U.S. citizens receive priority consideration for jobs on-campus.
Download statement (pdf)
5. International student applicants are required to furnish test scores for admission. Visit www.toefl.org for more information about the TOEFL. Eastern Wyoming College’s institution code for TOEFL is 4700. International student applicants may be accepted into EWC with the following test scores:
TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) Scores
Paper based: 487 or Computer Based: 163 or Internet Based: 57 or IELTS Band: 5.5
AND one of the following Math Scores:
ACT: 14 or above SAT: 16 or above ACCUPLACER: 35 or above
ACT/SAT or ACCUPLACER Scores
Math: ACT: 14 or above or SAT: 16 or above or ACCUPLACER: 35 or above
English: ACT: 0 or above or SAT: 10 or above or ACCUPLACER: 0 or above
Completion of these exams for course placement prior to the issuance of the I-20. Exceptions to the minimum academic requirements may be approved by the Vice President for Academic Services of EWC. The academic requirements may be waived for international students transferring from another accredited college and otherwise fulfilling the EWC transfer application process.
6. Applicants must submit results of a tuberculosis exam with a negative result prior to enrollment. International Students are required to have and must show proof of medical insurance at the time of their application and during their enrollment at Eastern Wyoming College.
7. A SEVIS I-20 form will be generated by Eastern Wyoming College at the time of admission to the College.
8. . The SEVIS I-901 fee went into effect September 1, 2004. An International Student seeking an F-1 visa from an embassy or consulate abroad for initial attendance at Eastern Wyoming College is required to pay a fee to the United States government accompanied by the Form I-901. All procedures must be carefully followed. Payment may be made by mail or on the Internet at www.FMJfee.com.
9. After a receipt for the I-901 fee is received by the student, the Form I-20 must be taken to a U.S. embassy or consulate in the potential student’s home country. The student will then be issued a student visa to enter the U.S. Students will also need a passport. (Exceptions to this requirement are Canadian citizens who do not require a student visa.) The SEVIS I-20 form, along with a copy of the confidential financial statement (certifying that the student has sufficient funds to remain in the U.S. for a period of at least one year), must be presented to the border officials at the time the student applies for admission into the United States.