In order for applications to be acted upon, each International Student indicating a desire to enroll in Eastern Wyoming College must provide the following: (Your application will not be considered complete until all of these materials have been submitted.)
1. An English translation of all required academic records, and complete all application materials and correspondence in English.
2. An EWC Application for Admission completed by August 1 for the Fall semester (August through December), and November 1 for Spring semester (January through May), with all other college application materials completed and submitted by the Friday before the first day of classes for either semester.
Applications received after August 1 and November 1 may be considered for admissions by appealing to the Vice President for Student Services. Students will need to complete the appeal form. The appeal form is available upon request from student services.
International Student Scholarship Application
3. Students who wish to live in the residence halls should submit an EWC Housing Application form at least twenty-eight days in advance of the initial term. Students should send the required damage deposit ($150) as a money order, bank draft or credit card in US Dollars before the first day of the initial term.
4. Proof of ability to bear the financial obligations incurred while attending Eastern Wyoming College. (i.e. Completion of all sections of the Confidential Financial Statement, including Statement of Guarantor and Bank Verification). International students may not work off-campus while attending college at Eastern Wyoming College. Students who are U.S. citizens receive priority consideration for jobs on-campus.
EWC Financial Statement (pdf)
5. International student applicants are required to furnish test scores for admission. Visit www.toefl.org for more information about the TOEFL. Eastern Wyoming College’s institution code for TOEFL is 4700. International student applicants may be accepted into EWC with the following test scores:
TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) Scores
Paper-based: 487 or Computer Based: 163 or Internet-Based: 57
International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
IELTS Band Score 6
DUOLINGO Language Assessment
DUOLINGO Score of 90 or higher
The following categories of applicants are not required to provide test scores (TOEFL, IELTS, DUOLINGO) showing English-language proficiency:
- International applicants whose native language is English.
- International applicants who have completed at least 2 years at a secondary school in the United States.
- International applicants who have completed one year or more of full-time coursework at a post-secondary institution in the United States. The total amount of academic work completed must be officially graded by the registrar of that institution and have a cumulative GPA value of 2.0 or higher, excluding ESL curriculum.
- International applicants who have received a degree from an international post-secondary institution whose language of instruction is English. Official documentation will be required from the institution’s Registrar’s office stating that the medium of instruction for the degree received was English.
All other applicants are required to provide evidence of English-language proficiency
6. Documentation of an MMR immunization and negative TB test, and/or TB Status must be provided prior to being admitted and registered for classes. International Students are required to have and must show proof of medical insurance at the time of their application and during their enrollment at Eastern Wyoming College.
7. Upon completion of items #1 thru #6 and verification by the institutional Principal Designated School Official (PDSO), a SEVIS I-20 form will be generated by Eastern Wyoming College at the time of admission to the College.
International Transfer Students
1. Students currently attending another college in the United States and wanting to transfer to Eastern Wyoming College must complete the student section of the EWC transfer form. This form must be sent to the student’s international contact at the current institution for completion of the school’s section, then returned to the EWC Admission Office. The form is available upon request from Student Services.
International Students Transfer Form
2. International students whose primary language is not English or who attended a school in a non-English speaking country are required to furnish English Language Proficiency test scores for admission. Visit www.toefl.org for more information about the TOEFL. Eastern Wyoming College’s institution code for TOEFL is 4700. International student applicants may be accepted into EWC with the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) Scores listed above.