In order for applications to be acted upon, each International Student indicating a desire to enroll in Eastern Wyoming College must provide the following: (Your application will not be considered complete until all of these materials have been submitted.)
1. An English translation of all required academic records, and complete all application materials and correspondence in English.
2. An EWC Application for Admission completed by August 1 for the Fall semester (August through December), and November 1 for Spring semester (January through May), with all other college application materials completed and submitted by the Friday before the first day of classes for either semester.
Applications received after the August 1 and November 1 may be considered for admissions by appealing to the Vice President for Student Services. Students will need to complete the appeal form. The appeal form is available upon request from student services.
International Student Scholarship Application
3. Students who wish to live in the residence halls should submit an EWC Housing Application form at least twenty-eight days in advance of the initial term. Students should send the required damage deposit ($150) as a money order, bank draft or credit card in US Dollars before the first day of the initial term.
4. Proof of ability to bear the financial obligations incurred while attending Eastern Wyoming College. (i.e. Completion of all sections of the Confidential Financial Statement, including Statement of Guarantor and Bank Verification). International students may not work off-campus while attending college at Eastern Wyoming College. Students who are U.S. citizens receive priority consideration for jobs on-campus.
Download statement (pdf)
5. International student applicants are required to furnish test scores for admission. Visit www.toefl.org for more information about the TOEFL. Eastern Wyoming College’s institution code for TOEFL is 4700. International student applicants may be accepted into EWC with the following test scores:
TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) Scores
Paper based: 487 or Computer Based: 163 or Internet Based: 57 or IELTS Band: 6
The following categories of applicants are not required to provide test scores (TOEFL, IELTS) showing English-language proficiency:
- International applicants whose native language is English.
- International applicants who have completed at least 2 years at a secondary school in the United States.
- International applicants who have completed one year or more of full-time coursework at a post-secondary institution in the United States. The total amount of academic work completed must be officially graded by the registrar of that institution and have a cumulative GPA value of 3.0 or higher, excluding ESL curriculum.
- International applicants who have received a degree from an international post-secondary institution whose language of instruction is English. Official documentation will be required from the institution’s Registrar’s office stating that the medium of instruction for the degree received was English.
All other applicants are required to provide evidence of English-language proficiency
6. Documentation of an MMR immunization and negative TB test, and/or TB Status must be provided prior to being admitted and registered for classes. International Students are required to have and must show proof of medical insurance at the time of their application and during their enrollment at Eastern Wyoming College.
Obtaining a VISA and I-20
- Upon completion of items #1 thru #6 and verification by the institutional Principal Designated School Official (PDSO), a SEVIS I-20 form will be generated by Eastern Wyoming College at the time of admission to the College.
- The SEVIS I-901 fee went into effect September 1, 2004. An International Student seeking an F-1 visa from an embassy or consulate abroad for initial attendance at Eastern Wyoming College is required to pay a fee to the United States government accompanied by the Form I-901. All procedures must be carefully followed. Payment may be made by mail or on the Internet at www.FMJfee.com.
- After a receipt for the I-901 fee is received by the student, the Form I-20 must be taken to a U.S. embassy or consulate in the potential student’s home country. The student will then be issued a student visa to enter the U.S. Students will also need a passport.(Exceptions to this requirement are Canadian citizens who do not require a student visa.) The SEVIS I-20 form, along with a copy of the confidential financial statement (certifying that the student has sufficient funds to remain in the U.S. for a period of at least one year), must be presented to the border officials at the time the student applies for admission into the United States.
International Transfer Students
- Students currently attending another college in the United States and wanting to transfer to Eastern Wyoming College must complete the student section of the EWC transfer form. This form must be sent to the student’s international contact at the current institution for completion of the school’s section, then returned to the EWC Admission Office. The form is available upon request from Student Services.
- International students whose primary language is not English or who attended a school in a non-English speaking country are required to furnish English Language Proficiency test scores for admission. Visit www.toefl.org for more information about the TOEFL. Eastern Wyoming College’s institution code for TOEFL is 4700. International student applicants may be accepted into EWC with the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) Scores listed above.