Eastern Wyoming College will provide childcare assistance grants to qualified students to assist with the cost of childcare. The grant will be distributed as a one-time payment beginning January 31, 2023. The Wyoming Department of Family Services is the sponsoring agency for these grants.
Who is Eligible?
- Students enrolled in an EWC degree or certificate program for the Spring 2023 Semester.
- Citizens, non-citizens, and international students
- Students enrolled in online, hybrid, or in-person classes (any combination)
- Students experiencing one or more of the following due to childcare cost:
- Reduced college course load
- Reduced credits earned in prior academic term
- Risk of reduced credits in the upcoming academic term
- Childcare costs prohibitive
Who is Not Eligible?
- Students not enrolled Spring 2023 Semester
- Students enrolled in dual and/or concurrent courses
- Students enrolled in a non-degree program
- Students enrolled in only community education and/or professional development courses
- Students with no childcare costs
Assisting with Childcare Costs
6 Weeks – 24 Months
25 – 30 Months
2.5 – 3.4 Years
|Preschool / PreK
41 months – 6 Years
|2 or More Children
Grant Proration Based on Enrollment Status
Grant awards are prorated based on student enrollment as follows:
- 100% for full-time status (FT), 12+ credits
- 75% for three quarter-time status (QT), 9-11 credits
- 50% for half-time status (HT), 6-8 credits
- 25% for less than half-time status (LTHT), 1-5 credits
Awarding Timeline and Procedure
Students need to apply using the EWC Emergency Childcare Assistance Grant application.
- Application available Jan. 17, 2023.
- Awarding to begin Jan. 31, 2022.
- Grant amount will be based on student’s enrollment level at time of awarding.
- Funding is limited. Awards will be distributed on a first-come, first-serve basis as long as funding is available.
The Department of Family Services has a child care assistance program (referred to as subsidy) for income eligible people. Learn more about Child Care Financial Assistance in Wyoming.