Dear Lancer Family,
This has been a busy week of making sure our students are safe and continuing their classes. Thank you for all that you have done during this trying time to accommodate our students. Now that we have more definitive plans for our students, it’s time to address the safety of our employees. Please work with your supervisor to make all necessary arrangements to work from home beginning today. This will take some coordination and planning on your part with the help of your supervisor. We are still open for business and still need to provide our usual outstanding services. If circumstances allow, we will return to campus, open with full operations, beginning April 6th. During this time of closure, please do not return to campus or your office without the permission and knowledge of your direct supervisor. Take this time to work from home and do your best to stay healthy.
A few logistical items:
- We are unable to forward phone calls to our cell phones so please leave the following message, or something very similar, on your office voicemail: You have reached _________________ (Your name and title) at Eastern Wyoming College. The College is currently closed until April 6th and all employees are working from home. Please feel free to call me on my cell phone at _____________________ (your number). Thank you.
- You can remotely access your office voicemail to check your messages by calling 307.532.8392 and following the prompts. Please check your messages on a regular basis.
- Please place an out of office message on your email stating something similar to this: Eastern Wyoming College is currently closed and will reopen on April 6th. Employees are working from home. Your message is very important to me and I will get back to you at my earliest convenience. You can also reach me on my cell phone at _______________ (your number) if you need immediate assistance. All Campus Updates and Alerts can be found at the following link: https://ewc.wy.edu/alerts/.
- Cody sent out some very helpful instructions on Tuesday regarding accessing files from a distance. I have included the procedures as attachments in this email.
- College Relations has thumb drives available if you need them for files that you want to take home with you.
- All meetings should continue as necessary utilizing Zoom, Google Meet or phone conferencing.
Please make plans to return to campus on April 6th if circumstances allow. We will continue to monitor the situation and recommendations from the President of the United States, Governor of Wyoming, and the CDC. Please share your questions and concerns with your direct supervisor or with me. Thank you for all you do for EWC.
Lesley Travers, Ph.D.
Eastern Wyoming College
3200 West C Street
Torrington, WY 82240
Comments are closed.