The Academic Services area is dedicated to serving our communities in our 16,000 square mile service area. We are here to help you succeed and achieve your academic and life enrichment goals.
|Title:||Interim Vice President of Academic Services & Vice President of Student Services
The Douglas community is home to our branch campus and led by Dr. Margaret Farley, Vice President of Douglas Campus.
The academic areas are further organized under departments led by department heads and program directors:
- Agriculture/Business Department—Dr. Monte Stokes, Department Head
- Arts, Humanities, Social and Behavioral Sciences Department—Dr. Catherine Steinbock, Department Head
- Cosmetology Department
- Health Sciences Department—David Currie, Program Director
- Math/Science Department—Sherri Warren, Department Head
- Veterinary Technology Department—Dr. Edwin Bittner, Program Director
- Welding Department—Lynn Bedient, Department Head
We are proud of our faculty which includes 35 full-time instructors along with over 100 adjunct and concurrent enrollment faculty members. Rich classroom and laboratory experiences are hallmarks of our instructional staff along with a low student/teacher ratio.
The Academic Services Office is located in AC249, which is right across from the cafeteria. The VP for Academic Services oversees all instructional areas (credit and non-credit) as well as instructional support areas. The Curriculum and Learning Council is the primary committee that approves all new courses and programs along with other duties.
Office hours are 8 am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday (Fall and Spring Semesters) and 7:30 am to 4 pm, Monday through Friday (Summer Semester).