The Gunsmithing AAS program will prepare students to make, reproduce, maintain, and modify firearms according to blueprints or custom specifications using specialized hand tools and machines. This program will provide students with hands-on training to learn the gunsmithing trade and skills to gain employment as a gunsmith.
Please note that this program has strict admittance requirements. For more information contact Glen Morovits at (307) 624-7014. Application requirements are listed in the Gunsmithing Application Checklist. It is recommended that students contact the college regarding the program requirements.Apply Today
Gunsmithing Application Checklist
- Complete Eastern Wyoming College Admissions Application.
- Application to the Gunsmithing Program completed.
- Complete background check for Gunsmithing Program ($25 fee)
- Submit all official high school transcripts from any high school attended and submit all official college transcripts from previous institutions.
- Submit an essay to the Gunsmithing program with your online application submission in PDF format. Your essay should be a maximum of 1,000 words, double-spaced, and typed in Times New Roman font, size 12. Your essay should include:
- Career goals.
- Experience and/or/training working with hand and power tools, including projects you have made.
- Shooting experience (hunting, competitive, casual, etc.) and hand-loading experience.
- Please submit 3 letters of reference in PDF formats (teacher, employer, minister, etc.) NOT related to you with your online application submission.