This page is designed to help you search for information regarding scholarships available to EWC students. There are more than 100 separate scholarship/activity grant programs administered by Eastern Wyoming College and available to EWC students.
To be eligible for any EWC scholarships/activity grants, you must:
- Complete the EWC Application for Admission
- Provide an official high school (or high school equivalency) transcript; a final, official high school transcript with your graduation date must be on file in order for state and federal aid to be disbursed.
- Provide official college transcripts from any other colleges you have attended.
- It is also highly recommended that all students complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Many scholarships require information from the FAFSA to determine need. The FAFSA must be completed every year.
While the majority of scholarships require no special program of study, others are designated for students pursuing a major in areas such as: agriculture, art, business, criminal justice, education, health, history, psychology, welding, etc. Eligibility criteria differ from one scholarship program to another. Criteria from various scholarship programs may relate to GPA, credit hours completed, high school affiliation, county of residence, organization membership or affiliation, enrollment level, etc. Most scholarships require, at a minimum, a GPA of 2.0 and half-time enrollment. See the Financial Aid and Scholarship Guide for a summary of scholarships EWC offers, descriptions and criteria for eligibility for each.
For the 2016-2017 academic year,
apply for most Eastern Wyoming College scholarships
through ONE application process!
The EWC online Scholarship Application through AwardSpring is designed to allow you to quickly enter important data that helps determine what institutional or Foundation scholarships you might be eligible for at Eastern Wyoming College. You may stop at any time during the application process and return to continue/check your data, complete individual application requirements and check on awarding progress. Go online to ewc.awardspring.com and register for an account. Provide general demographic information, complete some academic and qualification questions and see what scholarships you may be eligible for! Be sure to check back into your account often for new scholarships you might be eligible for that require answering some additional questions.
The priority deadline for applying for 2016-2017 scholarships is March 15, but you may continue to update your application and apply for new scholarships throughout the year. Be sure to reapply for scholarships for the 2017-2018 academic year!
- Students wishing to apply for financial aid for Spring 2016 must complete the Continuing Student Scholarship Application.
- Students enrolling for the Summer 2016 term must complete the paper Summer Aid Application to be considered for aid.
- For Summer 2017, please use AwardSpring.
Please view the list of other scholarships available from EWC that require paper applications or have other requirements, like trying out for a music or athletic award. Also view the list of opportunities for scholarships awarded and administered by outside organizations!Would you like to enhance students’ educational opportunities through scholarships? Contact Institutional Development at 307.532.8304!