So yesterday, I met with a few community members to discuss workforce training needs. A few things that I think anyone can take away from this is:
- Soft skills knowledge: Be to work on time; don’t ask about raises/promotions after your first week… prove yourself.
- Job Seeking skills: How to complete a job application the right way; how to dress for an interview and the job and how to be part of a team.
- Reading, Writing and Arithmetic matter! Still!
- Stay off the cell phone!
- Lots of people have great technical skills….. but don’t know people skills. How to respond to customers, how to work with others, appropriate manners, etc.
- So want to get a job after your college education? Meet with your college success team to help you with resumes and job applications and interviews! Be the winner that you can be……. get that JOB!
Comments are closed.